Monday, October 1, 2007

Bye bye Daddy! :0(


Me and the kids just got home from Stockton. We went with Mitchell to see him off. He reported for duty this morning at 8AM. We have only been apart for almost 5 hours now, but I already feel so alone. I am really sad. It really sucks to have the head of the household, father, husband, and best friend gone. Don't get me wrong he will be able to come home on the weekends. There will probably be a couple where he won't be able to, but that is to make up time for him to be off for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And that will be well worth it.

The house already feels empty. It is knowing that I won't get to see him until Friday night. We ran into one of his friends at Target, when he was getting some last minute items, we found out that his friend will also be at the same academy. That made him feel better that he will know someone, and it made me feel better knowing that he will have a friend and he won't feel as alone. And not only have I worked with him, so I know him as well, but he is a married Morman man with 2 small kids... so Mitchell has a family man friend up there and not a "partier"... they both of families depending on them, so... they can encourage and help each other along.

I will leave with this note, but I am totally going to try and keep this up. I know I am either going to have no time, due to being a single mom of 3 and a puppy, or I will be lonely because my best friend is gone and I will have time to write.

Anyhow, I love you guys, keep Mitchell in your thoughts and prayers. He was really nervous and he was really upset last night and this morning leaving me and the kids.

Look for a party toward the end of January. Graduation date will more than likely be January 25th, a Friday. So, if all goes as expected we will be having a party for Mitchell January 26th and you are all more than welcome to join us!

Love you all!
Kris

4 comments:

Papa Randy said...

I know you will miss Mitchell, but the time will go by fast. Kids look so cute. Kali looks like she needs me to tickle her. Very cute kids.

Eliza said...

Won't it be soooo nice when this short time away will pay off and life gets back to normal? I know it will be hard but so worth it in the long run. Kali looks so much older than the last time I saw her.

David and Amanda said...

Kris...I had no idea Mitchell was going anywhere, I just called my dad to ask. That's awesome that's he's in the academy! I am so happy for you guys, I know it'll seem like forever, but like Eliza said, it'll will be so worth it in the end. Plus, all the time David and I spent apart really did us some good...make you appreciate the other person more! Good Luck! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Aren't those the most beautiful kids you have ever seen? I know I am a little prejudice, but they are adorable. Kris, I am so proud of you and the job you have done with Mitchell gone. Keep it up. It will all be over before you know it! Love, Mom